Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Resolutions 3: Conflict

https://urkaicommunity.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/einstein.jpg  
A calm and humble life will bring more happiness than the pursuit of success and the constant restlessness that comes with it
-Albert Einstein-





When does contentment become apathy?
When does ambition turn into insatiable greed?

Over the past year, I’ve been faced with these two questions while endeavoring to attain the resolutions I had made for my 30th year. My answers have seemed to be precariously balanced on the fulcrum of the present.

I recently found myself extremely off-balance in my pursuits of dating and romance. Another prospect, that I had been extremely hopeful about and invested in greatly, had ended abruptly. As a result I leaned heavily toward apathy, to the point of hopelessness. I was restless in my pursuit of a romantic relationship and had become discouraged by the fact that my efforts seemed to matter very little in bringing about the success that I had been hoping for. The cost of continuing on seemed too great without any evidence of reward. The imbalance wasn’t contained to the arena of romance; it spread to all areas of my life and even brought a cloud of gloom and grumpiness over my holiday season.

Today, I feel as though I’ve (mostly) recovered, but the balance I have found seems tentative and feeble. I’ve found no satisfactory answer to those two questions I’ve been asking myself for months. In writing this, I almost feel obligated to apologize for the anticlimax.

So, without anything else to say:
Keep it simple my friends, but never settle.
(That’s the best I’ve gotten so far)

No comments:

Post a Comment